Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Request...

I just got this email from a good friend of mine.  Please join in this prayer:

Hi Everyone!

I want to thank everyone for all your prayers and support.  Tomorrow is my mom's surgery (double mastectomy); tomorrow we will also find out if any cancer has spread into the lymph nodes.

I would like to invite you to pray with my family and I especially tomorrow and tonight, too.   I pray that my mom's spirit may be calm; of course, we pray for good news tomorrow regarding the lymph nodes and we pray for the surgery itself and her recovery.  Tonight my mom is going to mass at her parish (in Ft Wayne, IN) at 7pm (6pm our time).  Her parish priest will be anointing her after the mass and then after than many of my mom's (and dad's) friends will remain to pray over her and for her and then remain at the church to pray a rosary.  So if you would like to join in and offer a rosary or any form of prayer during that time frame of 6-7:30pm that would be beautiful collective intercession for me mom.

I will send an update next week or so letting you all know how she is doing and what the course of treatment will be and anything else we might find out.

Again, thank you so much for all your prayers and support.  Blessings to you and your family as you continue to journey through Lent.  May this be a time for you to discover more and more what is truly most important and for you to become more and more your authentic self, the person God created you to be.

ybic,

 He has some prayer warriors for friends.  So do I.  I would like to count the readers of this blog as part of that.  Please pray for Judy that tomorrow comes peacefully and that the surgery goes as expected.  Thank all of you for taking a small moment out of your day.

AMDG+

1 comment: