Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Passing of Deacon David Wadle

Death hits hard.  It hits hardest when the life is taken needlessly.  People die in accidents, people die from disease.  People die.  That much we can be certain.  Sometimes we forget to see that death isn't the end, but rather that death is merely the next step in our journey to salvation.

There isn't much that can be said in the way of condolence immediately following the passing of someone.  what can be said is that he loved his family.  He loved his friends.  He loved his Church.  He loved his Church so much that he sought ordination into the permanent diaconate.  He was a good servant.  He did his job.  He fulfilled two vocations.  First to Pat.  Second to his Church.

I always quote Wisdom 3:1-9 when someone passes away.

[1] But the souls of the just are in the hand of God, and the torment of death shall not touch them. [2] In the sight of the unwise they seemed to die: and their departure was taken for misery: [3] And their going away from us, for utter destruction: but they are in peace. [4] And though in the sight of men they suffered torments, their hope is full of immortality. [5] Afflicted in few things, in many they shall be well rewarded: because God hath tried them, and found them worthy of himself.
[6] As gold in the furnace he hath proved them, and as a victim of a holocaust he hath received them, and in time there shall be respect had to them. [7] The just shall shine, and shall run to and fro like sparks among the reeds.[8] They shall judge nations, and rule over people, and their Lord shall reign for ever. [9] They that trust in him, shall understand the truth: and they that are faithful in love shall rest in him: for grace and peace is to his elect.
We must keep in mind that this is not the end.  We know that they are in peace.  Their hope is our hope.  Immortality.  It is my prayer that God found David worthy of Himself.

This was the attitude of David:
Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free!I follow the plan God laid for me.I saw His face, I heard His call,I took His hand and left it all...I could not stay another day,To love, to laugh, to work or play;Tasks left undone must stay that way.And if my parting has left a void,Then fill it with remembered joy.A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss...Ah yes, these things I, too, shall miss.My life's been full, I've savoured much:Good times, good friends, a loved-one's touch.Perhaps my time seemed all too brief—Don't shorten yours with undue grief.Be not burdened with tears of sorrow,Enjoy the sunshine of the morrow.
Pray for the repose of his soul.  Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment