Search This Blog

Monday, July 16, 2012

Deacon David Wadle

These are two letters that I recently wrote to a friend of mine and his wife.  Please pray for Deacon David Wadle.  He is in the end stages of cancer and his time may be short.  Please read on....

Dear Dave,

I want to take a minute to thank you.  I want to thank you for a couple of things, first...you showed me a new side of Catholicism.  You showed me that love can be tempered with justice and that is a wonderful gift.  Second, you challenged me and helped me to grow, not only as a person, but also as a Catholic.  That is important.  You did your job as a deacon.  You did your job as a Catholic.  Thank you for that.  Third, you showed me that courage doesn't always have to be roaring like a lion.  I saw in you the courage to face each day and to do that with great humility.  Thank you for that.

The last thing I want to say to you is keep fighting!  Fight with all that you have.  Fight with your whole heart, your whole soul, and your whole mind.  Fight with your whole body.  I know that you are, but I think that it is important to hear this as well.

You are a good man, Dave.  You've been an example of charity, humility, honor, and love (agape).  Please know that as you continue your journey, this won't be forgotten.  I am proud and honored to call you my friend.

St. Ignatius of Antioch said, "It is better for me to die in behalf of Jesus Christ, than to reign over all of the earth."

Dave, thank you.  Thank you for being my friend.  Thank you for being a mentor and thank you for being a good and faithful servant of the Lord.  Go rest, David, you've earned it...then wake up and FIGHT!

----

Dear Pat,

You are a champ.  You have stood in the face of adversity and you have borne it with a grace that was noticed by me.  Your courage rivals that of Dave and I want you to know that.  You are doing what is best.  You are there with him when he needs you most and that is so very important.  I wish that I were there to visit you and Dave.  I wish a great many things, but know that my prayers for Dave's recovery and that God's will be done are fervent.

My rosary is offered for David daily until there is resolution.  May God keep you both close.

No comments:

Post a Comment