Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Papa Ratzinger

So, we've all had time to take in the news now.  Let's all take a deep breath and remember one all important thing, this isn't anything new.  The Church has a protocol in place for this.  When one has been around as long as the Church has been, everything is forseen.  While the faithful may not expect it, the Church is prepared.  She will endure, just as she always has.

That being said, I can honestly say that I wasn't surprised.  I know that I said this yesterday, but in reality I wasn't.  I don't like it, but then again it isn't up to me.  I constantly say that the Church is eternal and speaking liturgically that we must lean on the 2000 year history of the Church.  This is no different.  Popes pass through time.  Popes come.  Popes go.  I am no more attached to the man who is Pope than I am to any other priest.  My faith is not bound by one person.  It shouldn't be.  So, Papa Ratzinger resigns, abdicates, retires, whatever it is called, by whomever is calling it.  My response is this....the Holy Spirit will guide the next man in matters of Faith.  I am not concerned.

I am concerned about the politics.  I have a clear vision of what Pope Benedict wanted, but as I have also said several times, he was not the man to do it.  He is an academic.  He works in the hypothetical.  It is my (personal) hope that the next pontiff will enact what this pontiff has taught.  But, then again, if you've been reading my blog, that isn't anything new either.

My view is this...that the next Pope will continue the work of Benedict.  My prayer is this...that he is just, that he is faithful, and that he will follow the guidance of the Holy Spirit.  To the next man who is elevated to the papacy, TU ES PETRUS.

One final thing...for these pundits who think that Papa Ratzinger didn't have a chance.  He did more in his 8 years as Pope to strengthen the life of the Church than the previous 2 Popes combined.  In my estimation, Benedict was a good pontiff.

No comments:

Post a Comment