Search This Blog

Monday, January 23, 2012

Jonathin Chiori Seraiah...

This is a post from his blog The Maccabean:

Last night I did something that I will never do again. I said Mass from the American Missal as an Anglican priest. Yesterday was my final day as a clergyman in the Anglican Church. I am now resigning from my Anglican orders and will be received into the Catholic Church (along with my wife) this Sunday, January 22nd. I ask for your prayers over the next few months.

For those of you who do not know it already, this is the beginning of the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity. Pope Benedict had this to say about it in his general audience yesterday:
. . . the initiative of the Week was introduced in 1908 by Father Paul Wattson, founder of an Anglican religious community that later became part of the Catholic Church. The initiative received the blessing of Pope St. Pius X and was later promoted by Pope Benedict XV, who encouraged the celebration throughout the Catholic Church.
I pray that, by the grace of God, I will be able to fulfill the necessary requirements and be approved for ordination as a Catholic priest. There are no guarantees in this, and I am trusting that whatever happens, the Lord will take care of me and my family. It is my heart's desire to be able to serve as a priest and minister to God's people, but I will trust those I am under to make the right choice. If I am not approved for ordination, and I find that I need to serve in the Catholic Church as a layman, then I will thank God Who has already given me more than I could ever deserve. He knows what is good and right and He alone deserves our trust.

Ad maiorem Dei gloriam.
It is time that we embrace and support St. Aidan's.  They will be coming into the Church soon.  I am not sure of dates yet, but it is in motion!!!!  Praise God!  Please take the time to support (Fr.) Seraiah.  Once St. Aidan's comes into the Church, please visit the parish for Holy Mass and please, please, please welcome them home.  This is the perfect example of the traditional notion of catechesis.  The aim of catechesis is to bring the Protestant back into the Church, as well as to instruct the faithful.  The Church is winning!!!!  WINNING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment